Federal Skilled Worker applications are assessed based on the abilities of the applicant to become economically established upon immigration to Canada.
As of January 1, 2015, Federal Skilled Worker applications are being processed through the Express Entry immigration selection system. Candidates who are eligible in accordance with the Federal Skilled Worker Class must first make an expression of interest in immigrating to Canada.
In order to be eligible for a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa, Federal Skilled Worker applicant must:
- Have at least one year of full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the past 10 years in a skilled occupation (National Occupational Classification skill lever 0, A or B); or
- Qualify for Arranged Employment in Canada with a Labour Market Impact Assessment and a permanent, full-time job offer from a Canadian employer; and
- Pass a minimum threshold of language ability in one of Canada’s two official languages, English or French.
In addition, Federal Skilled Worker (Professional) applicants must obtain at least 67 points based on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) immigration selection factors.
Those selection factors are listed below.
- Education: Candidates can be awarded up to 25 points for formal education.
- Language Skills: Candidates can be awarded up to 28 total points (24 points for first official language, 4 points for second official language).
- Work Experience: Candidates can be awarded up to 15 points for certain paid, skilled work experience which they have acquired in the last 10 years, but, in order to qualify a candidate must attain score of 9 points.
- Age: Candidates can be awarded up to 12 points on the basis of their age during application process.
- Arranged Employment: Candidates can be awarded up to 10 points if they have arranged employment in Canada.
- Adaptability: Candidates can be awarded up to 10 points based on the for a number of factors that show that they are adaptable to moving to Canada.
Once it is determined that the candidate meets the eligibility and points requirements, the candidate must show that they have sufficient settlement funds to support them and any dependents after their arrival in Canada.
Finally, the candidate and their dependents must undergo medical examinations and obtain security clearances as part of the Canadian immigration application process.apply now
Get in Touch With Us
We’d love to hear from you. Send us a message and we’ll reply as fast as we can.
Sydney Office Address:
Suite 3A Level 9, 428 George Street
The Dymocks Building
NSW 2000 Australia
PO Box Q833 Queen Victoria
Building Sydney Australia 1230