Federal Skilled Trades Program applications are assessed based on the applicant’s ability to become economically established upon immigration to Canada.
From January 1, 2015, eligible candidates for the Federal Skilled Trades Program must make an expression of interest in immigrating to Canada through the Express Entry selection system for immigration to Canada.
The Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) allows individuals with job offers or appropriate certification to work in certain occupations to obtain Canadian permanent residence in any Canadian province or territory except Quebec.
In order to qualify for a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa, Federal Skilled Trades applicants must:
- Have offers of employment from employers in Canada of at least one year duration OR a Certificate of Qualification from a territorial or provincial body;
- Provide proof of basic language proficiency from a designated language testing organization, demonstrating that the applicant meets the minimum threshold set by the Minister — Canadian Level Benchmark (CLB) 5 for speaking and listening, CLB 4 for reading and writing;
- Have obtained qualified work experience for 24 months in the skilled trade in the last five years; and
- Be able to demonstrate the skills and experience and that they have performed the essential duties of the occupation.
All NOC B level occupations will be eligible for this program. This amounts to a total of 90 eligible occupations.
These eligible occupations fall into the following general categories:
- Industrial, construction and electrical trades;
- Maintenance and equipment operation trades;
- Supervisors and technical occupations in national resources, agricultural and related production;
- Processing, manufacturing and utility supervisors and central control operators;
- Chefs and cooks; and
- Butchers and bakers.
You can also Contact us for more information regarding the Federal Skilled Trades Program.apply now
Get in Touch With Us
We’d love to hear from you. Send us a message and we’ll reply as fast as we can.
Sydney Office Address:
Suite 3A Level 9, 428 George Street
The Dymocks Building
NSW 2000 Australia
PO Box Q833 Queen Victoria
Building Sydney Australia 1230